Story Continues below advertisement

A 26-year-old KwaZulu-Natal man lost his life after getting electrocuted by an illegal electricity connection in Mashimane.

According to the Reaction Unit South Africa, they received a call for assistance on Sunday morning at about 10:14. On arrival at the scene, RUSA officers discovered the man lying on an exposed electricity cable.

Read Also: Suspected cable thief dies after getting electrocuted

a KwaZulu natal man died after getting electrocuted
The man was discovered dead by Neighbours. (image: RUSA)

“He showed no signs of life and was declared deceased,” said RUSA spokesperson Prem Barlim.

“He sustained burns to parts of his body that made contact with the electricity connection,” added Barlim.

According to the deceased’s mother, he was visiting a friend in the area last night, and he did not return home. This morning, residents discovered his body.